Cheerwine Festival is set to return to Salisbury town center on Saturday
SALISBURY, NC (WBTV) – Cheerwine, the 105-year-old iconic soft drink, and its hometown of Salisbury will host one of the Carolinas’ most popular events when the Cheerwine Festival returns on Saturday, May 21, from noon to 10 p.m.
Festival-goers will enjoy live performances from local and national musical acts, including Grammy-winning Blues Traveler and multi-platinum recording artist Spin Doctors; Cheerwine-inspired food, drink and crafts from Carolinian vendors; child-friendly activities; and lots of ice cold Cheerwine.
Since the inaugural event in 2017 (to celebrate Cheerwine’s 100th anniversary), the festival has welcomed tens of thousands of Southern fans and boosted the city’s economy with an estimated impact of more than 1.5 million dollars.
The party is free.
For more information about the festival, please visit http://cheerwinefest.com.
- Lauren Light Trio: 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- Tsunami wave pilots: 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- 9day: 5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Spin Doctors: 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Blues Traveller: 8:30-10:00 p.m.
Nearly 40 vendors from across the Carolinas will be offering food, many featuring Cheerwine, including bacon on a stick, tacos, hot corn, sno-cones, barbecue and more.
Festival-goers can also try a variety of culinary creations at Food Lion’s “Carolina Brands” experience, which will showcase the unique regional flavors of popular brands such as Cackalacky.
The Cheerwine Festival Beer Gardens will host 10 local breweries. Select vendors, including New Sarum Brewing and Cabarrus Brewing Company, will serve Cheerwine-infused craft beer.
- F&M Bank Kids Zone, which includes activities and entertainment for children.
- Local crafts, including unique Cheerwine products, from over 45 vendors.
- F&M Bank Trolley Tours through historic Salisbury town centre, with a number of interesting Cheerwine sites.
- Historic Cheerwine exhibit at the Rowan Museum.
- Relaxation station on E. Fisher St., which includes Troutman rocking chairs, a second beer garden and live entertainment from local entertainers.
Copyright 2022 WBTV. All rights reserved.