A traffic alert if you’re driving through downtown Sacramento this weekend.
Caltrans will close several ramps and close some lanes until 5 a.m. Monday.
- Highway 50 westbound to I-5 connector northbound
- J Street exit ramp from northbound I-5
- P and W Street on-ramps to northbound I-5
- On-ramp from 15th Street to Highway 50 westbound.
Drivers are encouraged to use Interstate 80 as an alternate route. But if you choose to drive through construction, Caltrans warns you to be prepared for traffic delays.
The speed limit is 55 miles per hour in construction zones, and Caltrans is warning drivers to slow down for construction crews in the area. California Highway Patrol officers will be patrolling the area.
| VIDEO BELOW | ‘Slow down for the cone zone’: Slogan hopes to slow drivers down while honoring Caltrans workers killed on the job
- From Hwy 50 westbound to I-5 or J St. exit ramp northbound: Continue westbound on Hwy 50 above the Sacramento River, stay right and take the I-80 Reno exit heading east
- Access from I-5 northbound to the J Street exit ramp:
- Use the previous exit at the Q Street exit ramp (exit 519A0
- Or continue north on I-5 to the Richards Boulevard exit ramp (exit 520), stay in the left lane and turn left onto Richards Boulevard and turn left onto I-5 toward the south to J Street exit ramp (exit 519B)
This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, on their website.
The construction is part of the whole FixSac5 project, which should be completed this summer, according to Caltrans.
Caltrans crews will carry out demolition work as well as setting up and dismantling the K-rails, pouring concrete, stripping the tracks and carrying out drilling and drainage work.
Follow our live traffic map for the latest.
(App users, click here to see a real-time traffic map.)